Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Teddiursa's Tech Lab < Is there anyway to stop IP Changing?
Is there anyway to stop IP Changing?
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Is there anyway to stop IP Changing?
February 20, 2014 12:59:36pm
[-]
February 13, 2014 11:09:30amthohir10 Wrote:  why are you bumping a thread from 2 years ago lol

What I going to ask too..

Pokemoncreed's King/Queen
[you must login to view images]

Jacktheking

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]

I learn my rules from not learning the rules.

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
February 22, 2014 12:44:44am
[-]
jacktheking there is a reason your ip is changing so frequently. The first set of number will stay relatively close to the normal ip you see as that is the area/vast region you are connected from. As you get down the set of decimals it gets more and more specific location of the connection. The second set is usually a closer regional connection (varies more so on the Internet Service Provider at this point) and 3 set is usually your connection network within your home and the last set will define the computer connection.

Now the last two things. If you have static ip or Dynamic ip. Ultimately these will come down to the provider you use. If you have a static ip everything will typically be the same and the little difference will come down to which computer you use on the network to get on the internet. (changes from getting on a different computer time to time) For Dynamic ip it will typically keep the same credentials except the 2nd or 3rd (maybe the 1st one depending if your ISP is a company like AT&T) set of numbers will change more often as it allows a group of people from the same area. (happens more often in denser populations as ip numbers can get limited if the ISP is a smaller company) This will unwillingly assign you a different ip at random throughout browsing on the internet.

Dynamic ip's are typically safer as they don't reveal a very specific location, while static ip's can narrow it down really easily within the area. Nothing to worry about in my opinion as it looks like you have a dynamic ip address.

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]