Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Dratini's Deep Discussion < Should smoking be banned?
Should smoking be banned?
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Should smoking be banned?
April 20, 2013 2:27:42pm
[-]
Yes, Definitely be illegal. I have done some research about this topic and smoking is probably leading cause of death in the U.S. Because smoking has nicotine, 20+ chemicals that are just bad to the body, really addicting, and can really affect the people around you. The Problem is the company that makes cigarettes are targeting young teens so that they can get more money. Another problem is that the cigarettes company pays a group of people, forgot the name but their important people, to prevent smoking advertisement. So little people will be influenced to stop smoking. Also, the people around you will be harmed by 2nd hand smoking. :/ Also an article about a healthy girl who had a dad who smoked and then afterward she suddenly couldnt breath. They later found out that there are clumps of chemicals in the girl's lungs. :'( Smoking should be illegal. There are better ways to release the stress.

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
April 20, 2013 2:54:44pm
[-]
I agree with the banning of smoking... like what many of you said, it is both hazardous not only to the smoker, but also to those around him/her. I've also noticed that a lot of minors are slowly getting hooked into it to, so, they are prone to the dangers of smoking from a very early age. it's just that... stopping it will need a lot of hard work, since there are a lot of factors to consider. But if someone can manage to do it, maybe the rest will slowly follow...
Thank this message
April 20, 2013 7:39:53pm
[-]
Well, I don't know about the others, but I do want smoking to be banned, and large fines should be imposed. I think so because I had a relative who was quite dear to me, but died at an early age from lung cancer due to excessive smoking.
Thank this message
April 21, 2013 12:20:33am
[-]
First of all, no, smoking shouldn't be banned. America was founded on things like tobacco trade with native americans. The companies that make cigarettes are providing a product just like a computer company provides a product that you don't actually need. No one is forcing a non-smoker to to be in the area of a smoker and even if they were, breathing in second hand smoke actually has 0 studies that link it with anything. The last study that said it did, said this: non-smokers being around smokers get cancer at a rate of about 1/64000 while non-smokes not living around smokers get it about 1/80000. Sounds pretty compelling until you do the actual math, which is about 14 in 1 million getting cancer living around smokers and 12 in 1 million getting cancer while not living around smokers. Read up on statistics, a difference of 2 in every million is irrelevant. If you want to stop smokers, you're only real argument is that smoking makes the air for about 30 feet around you smell bad. Also, you're pretty much just trying to impose your will on others if you're saying smoking should be banned.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
April 21, 2013 12:24:26am
[-]
i think smoking should be ban because every year 100000 people stop smoking ...... by going to heaven ....

Thank this message
April 24, 2013 2:26:13am
[-]
I think it should be banned everywhere, except in houses.
Thank this message
April 25, 2013 8:31:10pm
[-]
Smoking truly is an addictive habit that is bad for your health. If we were to ban smoking that would have a prohibitive effect on a lot of people ever starting to smoke. You cannot get addicted to smoking if you never start. We need to ban the sale of tobacco products and then sort of allow the current smoking population some sort of way of legally getting a nicotine alternative.

Click below to take a wish!
Thank this message
April 28, 2013 2:08:40am
[-]
People should be allowed to smoke electric cigarettes that don't give of tarry smoke.

Thank this message
April 29, 2013 9:11:28pm
[-]
I think it should be banned, because one day i was walking around town with a lady, next day i got a call saying she was dead the next day by smoking
Thank this message
May 15, 2013 1:16:29am
[-]
Ok, this is a very tricky topic. Many people say it violates humans rights, but, as said before, there is a FINE line between what is freedom and what is harmful. Innocent children die each year because of their parents smoking around them. Thousands, maybe even millions of people die each year from second-hand alone. Smoking is a dangerous thing, which shortens the user's life, and the lives around them. Therefore, I would hope it would be banned.
Thank this message
May 15, 2013 2:49:24am
[-]
Here's the thing: I say that it shouldn't be banned. My reasoning is because people have their own free will and that they are the ones that should choose what to do with their lives (plus it helps to pay the government). Underaged smoking, on the other hand, is a different story. Children don't even have their vital organs that the chemicals involved with smoking would destroy fully developed. They wouldn't be able to fully understand the consequences of this type of action.
Thank this message
May 15, 2013 4:10:11am
[-]
i think that they need to show how bad is smoking and make the X-smokers tells the smokers how bad it is and need to show some videos to the smokers and i think that every body knows that there is more than 4000 Toxic and chemical substance in the Cigarette.
Cigarettes Well Cause Chronic Diseases For the Rest of your life. Also Smoking Was linked to Lung cancer In 1951.

a good Solutions will be that:
1-they can Ban smoking in Public Areas
2-Rise The Awareness of the Bad effects
3-RIse the Tax's for the pakets

This is my opinion :) and Sorry for the long post

This is My Owl

My Best Friends.

alawi99
Emonovember

And this is the best one

Thanks for teaching me alawi99 how to do the user bars
Thank this message
May 15, 2013 5:16:08am
[-]
Yes smoking should be permantly banned..! It kills the person who drinks it.. It causes cancer and many more.. It cause diseases who drinks but also who smells it. It should be banned forever and the company or factories who makes it..

Join TitanZ!! LF members.

Take a wish in My Wishing Well

Spoiler:
Awesome peoples-
zapdos
GrimReaper

You opened the 6th box of calender and you reacieved Shiny Grimer!

Shiny Grimer- M
Level- 5

You opened the 8th box of calender and you find Shiny Nosepass!

Shiny Nosepass- F
Level- 5

Pokemon Creed Help Guide
Thank this message
May 15, 2013 8:44:25am
[-]
Hmm.... Yup, it should be banned, it kills the smoker, and affects their family, it should be banned for the greater good.
Thank this message
May 15, 2013 9:18:13am
[-]
yes smoking ought to be banned...it ruins people..ii kow many of my dad's friends who smoked and ruined their own lives....example getting infected with a dreadly desease -cancer
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,181 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]