Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Dratini's Deep Discussion < Need some serious advice
Need some serious advice
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Need some serious advice
August 27, 2013 4:41:12am
[-]
Need some serious advice
Please dont treat this as a joke. Really need some serious advice ASAP.

Ok... So the situation. I feel as if i have overloaded myself.
I have a period before and after school throughout the week for a whole semester.
Also, i am taking 2 honors classes and 1 AP class.
So the problem is i have way too many homework and tests.

I am thinking of staying after school more often until my parents are able to pick me up (or i walk home alone... in the dark...).
However, my parents dont get out of work or reach my home until 6 pm, nearly 3 and a half hours after i got out of school.
I have after school sectionals till 4:30 every tuesday and wednesday and have marching band practice till 5:30 on monday and thursday.
I am wondering if i should stay after school during tuesday and wednesday.
Giving me about an hour to do homework without getting distracted...

Recently i have failed 2 test badly and it was a "reality check" in a way.
i really want to try to get high grades, but i need to study and focus more on my studies.
So the best option is that i should stay after school and study...

However, the problem is me... I feel like i have "two" sides.
One lazy side and over-achieving and motivational side.
How can i make myself continue to try to go after school as much as possible?
I am in need of advice and would love any advice from personal experience.
Also, any possible ways to help maintain focus on studying?

Any suggestions would we lovely and greatly appreciated...
:/
Also, reasons why i havent been on Creed...

[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
August 27, 2013 5:16:59am
[-]
Ugh, homework. The one thing I dislike about school XD
Anyways, I do have those two sides as well. I may be 1 grade lower than you and not have an after school activity, but it's hard having free time with a bunch of Homework from Honors classes and chores thrown at you, and I', doing horrible in Honors Geometry because I don't do the work and only show the answer <.<. I usually plan ahead of the day, so I know what to do and to get done. I try to do my homework right after I get home from school. Those tests you failed, use those as fuel to make yourself go after school. I use the stuff I did bad on to motivate me to do the current stuff and the future stuff. If it gets to the point where you get bad grades, you may want to consider switching out of the hard classes. It may sound like a silly idea to switch out of a smart class to a not as smart class, but it works. My cousin was failing Honors Geometry when he had it, so he switched out and got better grades in regular Geometry.

To understand it better, mind putting up a schedule? Schools are different. My school's schedule is probably different than yours.

An early birthday gift from adamwilson! :3

[you must login to view images] made by theman1357
Made by Mother Espeon (thank you :3)

made by blackheartwarrior :)

Made be complanboy :)

[you must login to view images]Made by kyogy :)
[you must login to view images] made by Moderator mark :)
made by kyogy :)
[img]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y384/spensiee/my%20best%20sprites/zorua_2_zpsb68122a2.png[/img
Thank this message This post was thanked once.
August 27, 2013 5:26:37am
[-]
Hmm... Yeah, im trying to figure out my plan right now. :c In order to do that i will have to probably become less active in creed. Which is not as bad as quitting. :P Decided i need to put studies first! :L Hmm... I think its become to late to drop any classes now Dx Really regret it. However, i have heard of people who have experience it said that it was really fun but challenging... So... Not really looking forward but at the same time i am.

My school is block schedule. Have 6 periods. all the even periods are on one day and all the odd periods are all in the other day. So that we have 2 nights to do homework..
So like here are my classes

Aglebra 2 Honors
Band
AP World History

CHemistry Honors
Spanish 2
Languange Arts

and all week, except wednesday i have jazz band (0 period aka before school period)
and Marching band on Monday and Thursday after school...

Thank this message
August 27, 2013 8:34:09am
[-]
This message is hidden because this person has been banned.

This person's signature has been hidden because this person has been banned.
Thank this message
August 27, 2013 9:28:22am
[-]
Well you don't know my situation I was a bright child but when I was transferred to Singapore the studies were easy so my parents forced me to skip a class.I was suppose to be in 10 but went directly to class 11.After that I failed badly in 4 subjects but my parents didn't care.Than it was the IGCSE exam time I failed 2 of them and still my parents blame it on me.I tried my best.I right know that I won't become a doctor,lawyer.
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,182 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]