Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < Mining & Woodcutting Ideas [Share Them Here]
Mining & Woodcutting Ideas [Share Them Here]
Favorite Thread Post Reply
July 03, 2014 11:52:18am (This post was last modified: July 07, 2014 1:14:38pm by Da Man.)
[-]
Here is what I've thought of so far. Part of the mining and woodcutting system has already been updated to the dungeon.
Edit: Thanks for all your suggestions, I have considered every suggestion on this thread and each suggestion had helped my imagination and development.

Trees:
(Thanks RichKidDre for the idea of using Professor names!)
Oak Tree
Elm Tree
Birch Tree
Rowan Tree
Juniper Tree
Sycamore Tree

Ore - Level Required:
Bronze - Level 0
Copper - Level 10
Tin - Level 20
Iron - Level 30
Silver - Level 100
Gold - Level 200
Titanium - Level 500
Magma - Level 1,000

Going up certain staircases or opening certain doors may require a specific orienteering level.

The items obtained in the dungeon will probably be used for crafting.

I will also add a randomly generated map area where there will be treasure, rare items and strong NPCs.

I might put a "Cursed Wailord" in the dungeon and there you could take a Cursed Lucky Dip but the location of the Cursed Wailord would change everyday. The Cursed Wailord items would generally be better than the normal Wailord's.

If you have any ideas related to woodcutting, mining and the items obtained from them, please share them. :)

--
Completed suggestions:

1. The trees and rocks in the dungeon should regenerate after a period of time, such as 20-30 secs, so one does not have to keep refreshing the page for them to show up. - LittleE

Screenshots of progress:
[you must login to view images]

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
July 03, 2014 1:58:29pm (This post was last modified: July 08, 2014 1:53:44pm by Da Man.)
[-]
If I remember right, there was once a thread asking for Mining ideas, and I posted there, but nvm...

My idea (mining)-

For mining, each map should have a spot which leads you underground.

Once you go underground, you will see you are on Floor 1, and you will see a small map which looks like an underground map...

You need to have your pickaxe equipped, and have to walk around.

As you walk around, you may get a message - You have found a mining spot. Would you like to dig here?

The player can skip it by walking(same as items by itemfinder/dowsing machine and pokemon on maps) or click on the button(Example : Dig it)
The player might get an item, or will see a message - You didn't find any item, unlucky(or something else, and should be in red)

Also, when the player reaches a floor, the map should automatically generate the way to lower Floor on a random tile, and if the player on that tile, he will see stairs to next Floor.

The higher the Floor, the better/more items to be found.(But Floors might become harder, like, larger maps so finding stairs to next Floor will be hard)

:::::Pickaxes:::::

The players would start with Iron Pickaxe, and if they get Copper(Item found by mining) and enough Mining exp(Lets say 10) and a crafting level(lets say 35), the player would be able to craft a Copper Pickaxe.

The higher forms could be Silver, Golden, Mystic, Spirited, Blessed, Mythic and Legendary pickaxe.
(Same can be with other tools)[The idea of upgradable pickaxes is taken from another game]

The better the pickaxe, the higher the chances of getting an item from mining, and more chances of finding a mining spot.

::Woodcutting::

Will edit my post later to add this, takes too much to type it all

>>The CHAMP is HERE<<
Thank this message This post was thanked once.
July 03, 2014 5:38:08pm
[-]
For mining, add these:

Coal - Level 0
Platinum - Level 300
Diamond - Level 400
Rhodium - Level 750

For Woodcutting, add these:
Cedar Tree - Level 50
Juniper Tree - Level 75
Jungle Tree - Level 150
Redwood Tree - Level 300

And maybe you could craft Axes/Saws for woodcutting, and maybe some of the materials for these tools could be found on the regular pokemon-catching maps?

Thank this message
July 03, 2014 6:02:39pm
[-]
For trees, you should use the Professer's names
Oak Tree
Elm Tree
Birch Tree
Rowan Tree
Juniper Tree
Sycamore Tree

For these trees, you should be able to get something special from them.

For Mining, you should have dangers that miners would normally have, such as gas leaks, cave-ins, betrayals due to materials such as gold, etc., and make the player restart at Level 1, adding this on to complanboys idea.

An early birthday gift from adamwilson! :3

[you must login to view images] made by theman1357
Made by Mother Espeon (thank you :3)

made by blackheartwarrior :)

Made be complanboy :)

[you must login to view images]Made by kyogy :)
[you must login to view images] made by Moderator mark :)
made by kyogy :)
[img]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y384/spensiee/my%20best%20sprites/zorua_2_zpsb68122a2.png[/img
Thank this message
July 04, 2014 12:10:19am
[-]
Also kinda' adding to Dre's idea, maybe make the mining similar to the Underground in Platinum/Diamond/Pearl, where you get to mine, but after a certain number of hits with a pickaxe, the wall collapses. You get to keep whatever you dug up before the wall collapses. Maybe put a radar or something in the market to detect places to dig, or maybe you need to craft the radar.

^Me. :D
^Thx ABOMINATOR!
^'Bout time someone noticed. ;D
^Yes, I made those. No you may not use them.
Thank this message
July 04, 2014 4:14:52am
[-]
Maybe we can upgrade our mining and woodcrafting tools/items for better chance of success and more opportunity to gain some rare items or stuffs like that?

To gain list:
[you must login to view images][]
LOL!

All I do is. ART!!

Find me on deviantart: [you must login to view links]

Click the images below for their sprite type tutorials
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
July 04, 2014 6:37:35am (This post was last modified: July 04, 2014 6:37:58am by jamesdomingo.)
[-]
Maybe the items received from the woodcutting/mining can be used for building a house? Maybe even Upgrading?

As you increase in levels, the quality of the type of wood can be used to upgrade your crafting space in your home?

Just a thought :)

Thank this message
July 04, 2014 8:26:23pm
[-]
The trees and rocks in the dungeon should regenerate after a period of time, such as 20-30 secs, so one does not have to keep refreshing the page for them to show up.
Thank this message
July 05, 2014 3:02:47am
[-]
Plus, when you gain some minds or woods. You can sell them in the Market to someone for coins/cash?

To gain list:
LOL!

All I do is. ART!!

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
July 07, 2014 4:53:09pm
[-]
Also i noticed that the way to mine iron ore is blocked by a tree so when you wield an axe to chop it down you are unable to mine the ore cause you don't have the pickaxe equipped. maybe make an inventory which you can switch between the two to be able to chop down trees and mine if one wishes.
Thank this message
July 07, 2014 7:46:11pm
[-]
You know if you have played those Flash Rpgs that are based on this map moving concept, you could a small weapon and fight of enemies that you can add in this dungeon like team rocket members and other teams aswell. You can set left click as a attack button, kill these Npc`s and you can get random items or coins from that along with orienteering exp. And if you loose you have to restart from the start point of the dungeon. Would be pretty enjoyable. You could hold a small weapon along with a tool( Pickaxe or Axe) and go in the dungeon. Better weapons sold in market or make em craftable. Npc`s get harder as you progress. Thoughts ? :)

^ Made by MaD Roby ^

Creed Artist

Visit my Deviantart profile

[you must login to view links]
Thank this message
July 08, 2014 4:42:37am
[-]
Maybe you can use those mining tools to break the mines or cut down trees to gain some certain Pokemons? There are some rocks blocking the path in the maps. Maybe we can use those tools to remove that objects and pass through some secret maps?

To gain list:
LOL!

All I do is. ART!!

Thank this message
July 08, 2014 8:25:46am
[-]
Is it just me or is the newer dungeons laggier than usual? I'll optimise it in the next update.

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
July 08, 2014 12:59:16pm
[-]
Maybe you could add a certain kind of store where you trade-in your ores/trees for cool stuff and/or Pokemon?

Thank this message
July 08, 2014 2:00:58pm
[-]
July 08, 2014 8:25:46amDa Man Wrote:  Is it just me or is the newer dungeons laggier than usual? I'll optimise it in the next update.

So, it really is lag. Now I understand my internet connection is not at fault xD

>>The CHAMP is HERE<<
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]