Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Dratini's Deep Discussion < Feminism, again.
Feminism, again.
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Feminism, again.
November 05, 2014 11:26:55am
[-]
Feminism, again.
So, recently a video has surfaced of a woman walking around New York for 10 hours.
This woman gets a lot of compliments and two people who follow her. (that's creepy)
At the end of said video, it is said that the compliments were 'street harassment'.

I agree that the two guys that followed her were really creepy, but was there any need to call the compliments street harassment? Some guys might've genuinely thought she was a beautiful girl?

Click below to take a wish!
[you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
November 05, 2014 12:24:56pm
[-]
Haha good point there. I've heard of that video before but never watched it and I'd agree with those two guys being creepy O_O
As for the 'street harassment,' maybe being called beautiful in public and being called that over and over again is considered street harassment? meh :P

Bruuuhhhh

Lol
Click below so I can take you on a magical journey to my well!
Thank this message
November 05, 2014 3:43:49pm
[-]
I'd really only consider it street harassment if it was over and over again.

Thank this message
November 29, 2014 8:10:14pm
[-]
Well, there we're other who (when she refused to talk to them) called her names after she left. And when being complimented over and over and over again, it does seem like harassment.

Thank this message
November 30, 2014 12:07:17am
[-]
Well, they are really creepy!

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
December 07, 2014 1:51:30pm
[-]
It's called street harassment because it's unwanted. If a guy complimented other guys in the street the guy is likely to take offence and probably react in some way. She is constantly being told to smile and people reacting to her not responding to them in a bad way. It's the guys assume that she owes them something just because they're being 'nice'

Thank this message
December 10, 2014 12:47:13am
[-]
I honestly think if she found it harassment, she should just go home. Then, if someone goes to her door, she could state it as harassment. Some people these days are just stupid. I'm a girl myself, and if people complimented me, I'd be all like, "Oh, thanks!" And if people continued to do it and it got annoying, I'd go to the store, get Key Lime Pie, go home and eat some. If someone went to my door, and some random guy was there, I'd call the cops- unless he's one of those door-to-door preachers that invite you to a church. Anyways, if this woman is walking around for 10 hours, she sounds like she needs to get a life. But that's my opinion.

[you must login to view links] My Forum!
[you must login to view images] [you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
[you must login to view links] <Tman's awesome site~
Thank this message
April 02, 2015 6:51:18pm
[-]
If I'm thinking of the right video, that woman was dressed in very provocative clothing. None of it was harassment. The compliments were just compliments, not harassment. Though creepy, the guys following were not really harassing her. Women who dress like that are looking for attention. I'm not saying she should be raped, because that is wrong no matter what she's wearing, but if she doesn't like being complimented or stared at, she should not dress like that.

Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]