Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Dratini's Deep Discussion < Language Annoyances
Language Annoyances
Favorite Thread Post Reply
Language Annoyances
November 06, 2016 12:17:31am
[-]
Language Annoyances
[Quick Note: If you are going to refer to languages besides English, please keep any examples in said language as short as possible to avoid getting yourselves punished... Or something...]

What annoys you guys the most about English (Or any other languages you know.)

I hate the fact that English isn't phonetic (Like Japanese; or to a lesser extent, Welsh.), this really does make spelling quite irritating...

Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
November 06, 2016 4:31:56am
[-]
i am learning spanish and i dont really like that words have genders in spanish, and in some other languages. i still dont understand or think its necessary. however its their language so, not much you can do haha.
Thank this message
November 06, 2016 9:44:51pm
[-]
November 06, 2016 4:31:56amMkhi Wrote:  i am learning spanish and i dont really like that words have genders in spanish, and in some other languages. i still dont understand or think its necessary. however its their language so, not much you can do haha.

Just be glad that your not learning German, for it has three 'gender groups': Feminine, Masculine and neuter... : o
Thank this message
November 07, 2016 1:32:14pm
[-]
English - Even though it's my first language, all the breaks of the Grammar/spelling rules annoys me somewhat. Like, for example, one rule is to make a word like 'cherry' plural, you change the 'y' to an 'i' and add 'es' and you get 'cherries'. But then there's 'monkey'. To make it plural, you add an 's' to get 'monkeys'.
I've always hated that about learning English when I was younger.

Spanish - Still learning this language, but one thing that annoys me about Spanish is the gender-specific pronouns/etc. Even for objects. Like how you have 'el' or 'la' for 'the', but which you use depends on the gender of the person/thing you're talking about. But objects don't have genders. Yet it still applies.

French - Also learning this one. There's two things that kinda' annoy me about this language. The first is getting all the accent marks/etc in the right places. It's not so bad, but it's still a bit of a pain. The other is spelling the words, since there are so many silent letters. Like a little one is the word 'chez'. It's pronounced 'shay', and the 'z' is silent. It makes words a little harder to spell.

I'm not too familiar with any other language though. XD

[you must login to view links] <---Best contest answer ever!
[you must login to view links] <---
[you must login to view links] <--- Dre iz big fan.
[you must login to view images]
^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
^Shard. :3
^Made dat. :3
^I made that, too . :3
Thank this message
December 04, 2016 11:08:45pm
[-]
November 07, 2016 1:32:14pmShinxey Wrote:  English - Even though it's my first language, all the breaks of the Grammar/spelling rules annoys me somewhat. Like, for example, one rule is to make a word like 'cherry' plural, you change the 'y' to an 'i' and add 'es' and you get 'cherries'. But then there's 'monkey'. To make it plural, you add an 's' to get 'monkeys'.
I've always hated that about learning English when I was younger.

Spanish - Still learning this language, but one thing that annoys me about Spanish is the gender-specific pronouns/etc. Even for objects. Like how you have 'el' or 'la' for 'the', but which you use depends on the gender of the person/thing you're talking about. But objects don't have genders. Yet it still applies.

French - Also learning this one. There's two things that kinda' annoy me about this language. The first is getting all the accent marks/etc in the right places. It's not so bad, but it's still a bit of a pain. The other is spelling the words, since there are so many silent letters. Like a little one is the word 'chez'. It's pronounced 'shay', and the 'z' is silent. It makes words a little harder to spell.

I'm not too familiar with any other language though. XD

Please don't speak in another language. English only.

-First person to beat the Elite Four.
-First Pokdex God.

Spoiler:

Get Owned Realstate:
[you must login to view links]

Adamwilson:

RichKidDre:

Robath:
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,177 posts in 39,218 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]