Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < What makes an NPC realistic?
What makes an NPC realistic?
Favorite Thread Post Reply
November 17, 2016 9:00:19am (This post was last modified: January 08, 2017 9:27:01am by Da Man.)
[-]
For example, Creed Bot.

To the game players out there, what do you think makes an NPC more realistic? I wish to create more realistic NPCs. These NPCs will receive arbitrary text input.

My next update will probably be Creed Bot, a realistic NPC that can interact with players via the chatroom and private messaging, and then I can make the other NPCs more realistic.

Instead of having a multiple choice option to reply to an NPC, I would like to make it so it can accept any text input. I believe that would make NPCs much more interesting to interact with.

For feedback about Realistic NPCs in general, please leave a reply to this thread.

For feedback concerning Creed Bot directly, feel free to complete this form:
[you must login to view links]

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
November 17, 2016 9:44:34am
[-]
As a quick reply, growing up, I guess we all have heard the cliche surrounding the fact that the difference between humans and machines (Which is basically what an NPC is; it's just an electronic version) is that humans are capable of experiencing a wide variety of emotions.

So I believe from that point of view, that's why making an NPC that's realistic is an extremely tough task. You look at things like Siri which gives responses to things like, "You're stupid" by saying something like, "After all I've done for you?, but with little to no emotion, even though you're able to hear her voice. In the case of an NPC, it's going to be even harder to recognize the tone and style that CB will say because of the "can't see/can't hear" barrier. We're forced to read a line of text and choose how we interpret it rather than be able to see visual and audio hints that give information about what a person in real life is trying to say.

Idk if this may have helped you, but I guess this is my view on the topic.
Thank this message This post was thanked once.
November 17, 2016 11:11:35am
[-]
I think it would be cool if creed bot used emojis in chat and had more things that he says. However creed bot already does say quite a bit and is pretty good, well done Alan! :D

[you must login to view images]
credit goes to Arceusboy for creating the awesome art on my main and on my storage :D thanks buddy! :D

My forever thanks goes to Epul for training my ShinyGolurk 42T exp, thanks mate forever!

MY STORAGE:
GammyStorage (first creed account)

Friends/Helpful People

Spoiler:
Epul
Equestrian234
Mysterious Garden
Kaurav
Brando02
Zapdos
GrimReaper
LegendaryCollector
Yathinsrao
EliteBOY
Adilkhan/King is Back
lugia warrior
Serah
IM Challenger

Thank this message This post was thanked once.
November 17, 2016 1:37:26pm
[-]
November 17, 2016 9:44:34amAmathyst Wrote:  As a quick reply, growing up, I guess we all have heard the cliche surrounding the fact that the difference between humans and machines (Which is basically what an NPC is; it's just an electronic version) is that humans are capable of experiencing a wide variety of emotions.

So I believe from that point of view, that's why making an NPC that's realistic is an extremely tough task. You look at things like Siri which gives responses to things like, "You're stupid" by saying something like, "After all I've done for you?, but with little to no emotion, even though you're able to hear her voice. In the case of an NPC, it's going to be even harder to recognize the tone and style that CB will say because of the "can't see/can't hear" barrier. We're forced to read a line of text and choose how we interpret it rather than be able to see visual and audio hints that give information about what a person in real life is trying to say.

Idk if this may have helped you, but I guess this is my view on the topic.

Yeah, it helped! I will give Creed Bot emotions. Yup, it is difficult but it can be done.

November 17, 2016 11:11:35amgambler123456789 Wrote:  I think it would be cool if creed bot used emojis in chat and had more things that he says. However creed bot already does say quite a bit and is pretty good, well done Alan! :D

Thanks for the idea, I will give Creed Bot emotions so also having emojis from CB will be excellent!

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
November 17, 2016 3:09:39pm (This post was last modified: November 17, 2016 3:10:42pm by Alphaaa.)
[-]
If you're talking about the NPCs we battle also. Why not a randomised battle intro like the gyms in this rpg has. E.g "You seriously think you're too strong to defeat me? Think again!" Also when you defeat them "Looks like you're too strong. I need to train more"

I don't know, just an idea. Would make it pretty cool/funny to see what you come up with. :)

Thank this message
November 17, 2016 6:48:40pm
[-]
I think that one helpful feature to new players could be that maybe some of the older players along with staff could collaborate on thinking of some commonly asked questions (for example how to increasing Farming level, how to use Lucky Eggs etc.) along with the questions currently in the F.A.Q section and then the answers to these questions you could code into Creed Bot? So when a player asks CB a question the test recogniser could recognise the keywords from the question and attempt to make an answer. So it's still kinda like a multi choice answer feature but it does add interactivity between CB and players, and it allows them more easily access knowledge of the game, as sometimes they'd have to wait several moments for others to reply or some people might not be bothered to even answer them. Although this is only a small aspect of the system, I still think it would be worth implementing for the benefit of new players and even some older players who might be stuck or just getting back into the game.

Just some of my viewpoints, and keep up the good work on coding CB! Glad to see you posting again :)
Thank this message
November 18, 2016 12:10:32am
[-]
Well, I definitely agree with Amathyst and gambler on the emotion part.

Other than that, well, maybe somehow get CB to 'interpret' what people have said based on punctuation (or lack of). Like, for example, if you wrote something like:
"Yes! I got 1st place on Hitdown!"
based on it ending with an exclamation mark, maybe CB could 'interpret' that as excitement and thus say something in reply to excitement such as
"That's awesome!"

Ehh, something kinda derpy, but it could be cool.

[you must login to view links] <---Best contest answer ever!
[you must login to view links] <---
[you must login to view links] <--- Dre iz big fan.
^Thanks ABOMINATOR
^smol grape boi

Spoiler:
^Shard. :3
^Made dat. :3
^I made that, too . :3
Thank this message
November 18, 2016 1:52:50am (This post was last modified: November 18, 2016 2:02:15am by EliteBOY.)
[-]
Pretty cool idea! It would be nice to see CB like a human being

Edit:
A little suggestion, how about making Creed Bot reply for some questions we ask in chat or PM?

Like, if we type "Creed Bot, <A question here>?"

It should try to reply. Oh yeah, question must be basic (easy) questions.

It would be good if Creed Bot could reply to some of our questions.

Example:
EliteBOY: Creed Bot, How to get treasure boxes?
Then,
Creed Bot: EliteBOY, you can get it in maps.

Thats it !

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
November 18, 2016 9:41:21am
[-]
Woah, thanks for your ideas guys. They are good! I will surely take them all into account!

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]