Username:   
Password:      

Pokemon Creed Forums < Pokemon Creed - Ideas/Suggestions < Changing usernames.
Changing usernames.
Favorite Thread Thread Locked
Changing usernames.
December 04, 2018 6:59:33am
[-]
Changing usernames.
An option to spend coins, to change your username.

[you must login to view images][you must login to view images]
Thank this message
Quote this message in a reply
December 04, 2018 7:40:32am
[-]
Guess it'll be really hard to determine who is who. People can impersonate others. (Exactly like Discord chat lol)

So it's better to not to add this feature. If we need a different username, we can create a new account and transfer all our stuffs to it. (It won't be hard as there is no trade cap)

Profile Hits:
[you must login to view images]

Thank this message
December 04, 2018 10:22:23am
[-]
Well, just like the Original Pokemon, but instead 'Original Username'. So, if I change mine, no one can change theres to 'Big Mac'

Thank this message
December 04, 2018 3:27:09pm
[-]
Idk how it's easy to impersonate, isn't the trainer id unique?
Basically, everything will have to come down to trainer id if you plan on allowing the change of names

Thank this message
December 04, 2018 5:11:17pm
[-]
December 04, 2018 4:27:09pmtanmay541091 Wrote:  Idk how it's easy to impersonate, isn't the trainer id unique?
Basically, everything will have to come down to trainer id if you plan on allowing the change of names

Ofc trainer id is unique.

But is it possible to remember all the #ids?

At least for me, it's not. It's easy to remember usernames than #id. So it's better not to change the usernames.

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
December 04, 2018 5:48:27pm
[-]
December 04, 2018 6:11:17pmEliteBOY Wrote:  
tanmay541091 Wrote:
December 04, 2018 4:27:09pm pid=572240
Idk how it's easy to impersonate, isn't the trainer id unique?
Ofc trainer id is unique.

But is it possible to remember all the #ids?

At least for me, it's not. It's easy to remember usernames than #id. So it's better not to change the usernames.

Rather the fees could be ultra high, like 100k coins or something, because that way there'll be less people who'll change their names and the ones who change it will be active enough.

Thank this message
December 04, 2018 8:24:04pm
[-]
December 04, 2018 6:48:27pmtanmay541091 Wrote:  

Rather the fees could be ultra high, like 100k coins or something, because that way there'll be less people who'll change their names and the ones who change it will be active enough.

Whatever. Idk why it's necessary to change the username when there is an alternative. (We can always create new account with the desired username)

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
December 05, 2018 8:20:05am
[-]
What if people like me, who have purchased V.I.P want to change their username and dont want to because of V.I.P? Theyd have to get Badges and everything else again.

I personally see nothing wrong with this, unless theres an 'Original Username' added to our Stats or something, that way we know who is who

Thank this message
December 05, 2018 10:47:13am
[-]
I'm 100% agree with this idea. I also was going to make this thread but thanks to you for making this one before me.

Always keep smile and enjoy your life with your own way

Thanks Arceusboy......

Thanks tanmay541091

Thank this message
December 05, 2018 5:52:30pm
[-]
December 05, 2018 9:20:05amBig Mac Wrote:  What if people like me, who have purchased V.I.P want to change their username and dont want to because of V.I.P? Theyd have to get Badges and everything else again.

I personally see nothing wrong with this, unless theres an 'Original Username' added to our Stats or something, that way we know who is who

I think it would be a trouble if a lot of people go on having indecent usernames, this is still supposed to be a children's game, right?

And also, eb, having to start from scratch is really bothersome. With the roster cap, how do you plan on training?

Thank this message
December 05, 2018 7:07:41pm
[-]
December 05, 2018 6:52:30pmtanmay541091 Wrote:  

I think it would be a trouble if a lot of people go on having indecent usernames, this is still supposed to be a children's game, right?

And also, eb, having to start from scratch is really bothersome. With the roster cap, how do you plan on training?

That was just an alternative to have an account which has our desired username. One can still train with his main account if he really wanna train.

Whatever, if you all guys need a username change then it's fine. I have no problem. That was just my opinion.

Here is the actual reason:
We use username to log into Creed instead of #id.
Changing it again and again might create a conflict in the database and there might be a Problem during login. That's it.

Profile Hits:

Thank this message
December 05, 2018 9:33:51pm
[-]
Thanks for the suggestion.

I had thoughts on it, and would probably implement it like this so it doesn't happen often: Fee of 25,000 to 75,000 Coins for a username change.

There is a lot of spaghetti code that makes this seemingly simple feature hard to implement, so the idea is put on hold for now, since every Pokemon in the database uses the "username" to see who is the owner (I made that rookie mistake, instead of using the Trainer ID) - and similarly for other features like clans etc.

Looking for artists to help create sprites/UI/tiles/backgrounds/characters for Pokemon Creed. If interested, PM me with portfolio.[/b]

/img/refer1.png
Thank this message
Thread Locked

[-]
Board Statistics
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 526,183 posts in 39,219 threads (excluding the 'Miscellaneous' forum catergory, deleted posts and hidden forum sections).
We currently have 342,270 members registered on this Online Pokemon RPG.

© 2010 - 2019 Pokemon Creed Forums - Online Pokemon RPG / MMORPG - Server side coded by Alan and theme designed by Azagthoth. [Back To Top]